It should come as no surprise that a turkey grilled cheese is even better when it is served with a side of gravy for dipping. This recipe is very easy to prepare and can easily be adjusted to your taste. I used sliced roast deli turkey, swiss cheese, and french bread. The gravy is just a simple combination of flour, butter, chicken broth and pepper. You can use whatever type of broth you want to flavor the gravy, such as turkey. Enjoy.
Turkey Grilled Cheese with Gravy Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 8 slices French bread
- 4 slices roast deli turkey
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat. Spread butter one side of the bread and place butter side down onto the griddle. Place 1 slice of cheese on top of the bread. Layer 2 slices of turkey on top of the cheese and top with an additional slice of cheese.
- Add the other bread slice and butter the top. Cook until golden brown on the bottom, flip and cook until golden brown on the other side. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes, be careful not to burn the butter. Add the chicken broth a little at a time, while whisking. Cook until the gravy has thickened. Season with pepper.
- Dip the sandwiches into the gravy for serving.