One of my favorite things to prepare for a snack or dessert is brownies. When I saw this recipe for Twix brownies, I knew I had to give it a try. What I found great about these brownies is that there are very few ingredients and that they look incredibly moist. I am not a big fan of dry brownies and these brownies did come out with a very moist texture. Chopped Twix candy bars are layered right into the butter mixture in the pan. For even more amazing and sweet flavor and caramel sauce is poured over the brownies for serving. Even if you didn’t want to make the caramel sauce, the brownies would still be delicious even without it. It is important to make sure that you allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting them because they are very moist. Also, the caramel sauce should be served over the brownies immediately. These Twix brownies are perfect for the upcoming Holidays. Enjoy! Adapted from My Baking Addiction.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (cut into cubes)
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 Fun Size Twix Bars (each cut into thirds)
- 10 individually wrapped caramel candies
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. In a large microwave-safe bowl add chocolate and butter. Microwave on medium (50% power) for 3-4 minutes or until the butter has melted. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Gradually add flour, stir until just combined.
- Spread ½ of the batter into the prepared baking pan. Add an even layer of the chopped Twix candy bars and pour the remaining brownie batter over the Twix. Place into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees. Make sure to not over bake the brownies.
- Remove from the oven to a cooling rack and allow the brownies to cool completely. Just before serving, cut the brownies, and prepare the caramel sauce.
- To make caramel sauce- Unwrap the caramel candies. Place the unwrapped caramel candies and heavy cream into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50% power in 30-second increments until the caramels begin to melt. Stir frequently. Continue microwaving and stirring until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy. Drizzle over each brownie and serve.