Grilled Chicken Taco Salad Recipe
During the summer months I usually like to prepare taco salads for dinner. Instead of the normal taco salad using ground beef, this recipe uses grilled seasoned chicken. The chicken gets a lot of its flavor from ingredients such as chili powder, cumin and ground coriander. If you do not have a grill you can bake the chicken or fry it on the stovetop. You can adjust the ingredients in this salad to your liking. I like black beans, tomato, corn and tortilla chips. I also like to add some shredded cheese into the mix. This salad uses a delicious cilantro-lime dressing to add even more flavor. Most of the flavors in the dressing comes from the cilantro and lime juice. This salad is a delicious recipe for summer. Enjoy.
Grilled Chicken Taco Salad
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 5 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- corn tortilla chips (crushed)
- 1 ¼ cups shredded Colby-jack cheese
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup canned corn kernels (drained)
Cilantro Lime Dressing-
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (stems removed)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a food processor combine cilantro, Greek yogurt, garlic, lime juice and salt. With the motor running add the olive oil and vinegar in a slow stream until emulsified. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, ground cumin, coriander, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix well. Rub the spice mixture onto both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts to the grill and cook, turning at least once until the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 Degrees F.). Remove the chicken from the grill and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. After the chicken has cooled slice it into thin strips.
- Place romaine lettuce into a large bowl. Top with tomatoes, corn, black beans, cheese, and grilled chicken. Pour the dressing over the top of the salad and gently toss to combine. Serve garnished with crushed tortilla chips.
Adapted From Damn Delicious.