This recipe for Chinese string bean chicken is a stir-fried dish that consists of pieces of chicken cooked with a sauce, green beans, and onions. This dish is very similar to the string bean chicken you would find at Panda Express. The chicken gets a lot of its flavor from the marinade. The marinade is a combination of simple ingredients such as soy sauce, wine, sesame oil, cornstarch and sugar. The marinade time is not long, only around 20 minutes. If you want more flavor you can allow the chicken to marinade in the refrigerator for longer. I enjoy serving this dish with fried rice and pot stickers. Enjoy.
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon of rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup yellow onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon black bean sauce
- 12 ounces green beans (trimmed, cut into 3-in pieces)
- In a medium bowl combine soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, cornstarch, and sugar. Mix well. Add the chicken and mix with the marinade until coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook stirring constantly until the chicken begins to brown and is cooked through (the internal temperature has reached 165 Degrees F.)
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add onion, garlic and black bean sauce to the wok. Stir in green beans. Add a ¼ cup of water, cover, and cook for 3 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Return the chicken to the wok, stir and toss over high heat until mixed well and heated through (about 10 minutes).