Meatballs are amazing when they are stuffed with fresh asiago cheese. These meatballs use a combination of ground beef and pork. The meatball ingredients are mixed in a bowl and then formed into meatballs that are stuffed with cheese. The meatballs get a lot of flavor from garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper. You can fry the meatballs in the pan but I like to bake them in the oven, it is less messy and requires very little effort. You can use whatever type of pasta sauce you want for this recipe. I like marinara. If you cannot find fresh asiago you can use mozzarella instead. Enjoy.
- 6 ounces fresh asiago cheese (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1 c. breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl combine ground beef, pork, breadcrumbs, eggs, 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley, garlic and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well using your hands until well combined.
- Scoop some of the meat mixtures into a small ball. Press 1 cube of the cheese into the center, sealing tightly around the cheese. Place onto a greased baking sheet. Repeat until all of the meatballs are prepared.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees F. for 30-40 minutes or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F). Serve with marinara sauce and cooked pasta. Garnish with remaining parsley and parmesan cheese.