This recipe for taco stuffed manicotti is simple and easy to prepare for dinner, not to mention it has great flavor. Manicotti is stuffed with taco meat and refried bean mixture and then placed into a baking dish and topped with green enchilada sauce and shredded Mexican cheese. You can top this taco manicotti with whatever ingredients you want such as black olives, sliced green onion, lettuce, and tomato. Some other good options would be guacamole and sour cream. Enjoy.
- 1 pound 85% lean ground turkey
- 16 ounces fat-free refried beans
- 1 taco seasoning mix
- 14 manicotti shells
- 12 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Boil the manicotti for 8 minutes and drain. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey and cook while breaking up into chunks with a spatula until browned and fully cooked. Drain any excess grease. Stir in taco seasoning and refried beans and mix well. Cook until heated through. Allow the mixture to cool. Stuff the mixture into the cooked manicotti shells.
- Spread a thin layer of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Arrange the stuffed manicotti in a single layer over the sauce in the baking dish. Top the manicotti with the remaining enchilada sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees F. for about 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.