The flavor that bacon can add to spaghetti is truly delicious. This recipe for bacon spaghetti has a different flavor than most recipes can provide. The unique flavor comes from ingredients such as bacon and beef broth. What is great about this dish is how easy it is to prepare—it can be ready to serve in less than an hour if you want. You can allow the sauce to simmer a little longer if you would prefer more flavor. The sauce can also be made in advance, stored in the refrigerator and then reheated when you are ready to make dinner. To save time you can use precooked bacon and heat it in the pan. The precooked bacon should only take a couple of minutes to cook and will produce less grease. This recipe makes a great dinner for any night of the week. Serve with garlic bread. Enjoy.
Bacon Spaghetti Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 4–6 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1lb ground sirloin
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounces) can crushed tomatoes
- 1lb thin spaghetti
- Chopped Italian parsley (for garnished)
- grated parmesan cheese (for serving)
- In a large skillet cook the chopped bacon over medium-high heat until browned and crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the sirloin to the pan and cook while breaking up into chunks with a spatula until browned. Add the garlic and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook stirring frequently for about 10 minutes. Add the wine and deglaze the pan, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom. Add the beef stock and tomato paste.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and bacon. Simmer until the sauce has thickened.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook thin spaghetti according to package directions. Drain the water from the noodles.
- Serve the sauce over the cooked noodles. Top with chopped Italian parsley and grated parmesan cheese.
Thursday 6th of March 2014
This is an italian food. I use to eat it in the restaurants when I traveled in Italy. This is greate. I am invoved of this Bacon Spaghetti
Wednesday 26th of February 2014
That's a great recipe chef! Bacon sure makes everything taste better - I never thought to add it to spaghetti sauce. This would be great to use with Chicken Parmesan! I'll try it next time. Thanks!