If you looking for a delicious Chinese recipe, beef with snow peas is perfect for you. This recipe combines sliced marinated steak and fresh snow peas to create a great tasting dish that makes an excellent choice for dinner. The beef is first marinated in the sauce mixture, which combines ingredients such as soy sauce, wine, and brown sugar. The steak is stir-fried in the pan with snow peas and then served. This dish gets its spice from crushed red pepper flakes. You can adjust the amount of the pepper flakes to your taste—if you do not like spicy food you may want to add less. This dish goes great served with white rice. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1lb round steak (cut into thin strips)
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas
- In a large bowl combine soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Add the sliced steak and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Allow the steak to marinade for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper flakes and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Remove the steak from the marinade with a slotted spoon and reserve the marinade. Add the steak and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until evenly browned. Add the snow peas and stir-fry for an additional 3 minutes. Pour in the reserved marinade; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce has become thick and smooth.
- Serve with white rice.