What I liked about this recipe for crispy chicken wraps is how tasty they turned out and how easy they were to prepare. This recipe uses already cooked chicken from a rotisserie chicken so there is not much work involved. I actually baked a few boneless skinless chicken breasts instead and that worked well. The chicken is mixed with ingredients such as celery, cilantro, mayonnaise, and sour cream. It is then placed into tortillas with cheddar cheese and browned in the frying pan on both sides. These crispy chicken wraps are great if you are looking for a quick and easy dinner. Enjoy. Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Café.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 celery ribs (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 rotisserie chicken (skin discarded, meat shredded into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 (12 inches) flour tortillas
- In a large bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, and hot sauce. Stir in cilantro, green onions, and celery until well combined. Add the chicken and toss to combine. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the flour tortillas, leaving about a ½ inch border around the edges.
- Spoon the chicken mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla. Fold the sides of the tortilla in, then roll from the other sides until you have a package formed (you can also just roll them up and just leave the ends open). Spray the rolled up tortillas all over with cooking spray.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place wraps into the skillet, two at a time, seam-side down. Cook until golden brown and crispy on each side turning once (about 2-3 minutes per side). Repeat with remaining tortillas.