These crispy chicken wraps are delicious and very easy to prepare. The recipe uses already cooked chicken, so there is not much work involved. You could use shredded rotisserie chicken, leftover cooked chicken, or even leftover turkey from your Friendsgiving celebration.
If you don’t have cooked chicken on hand, you can easy bake a couple boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Once you have your cooked chicken or turkey, mix in celery, cilantro, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Pop that concoction into tortillas with cheddar cheese. Now fold your tortilla and fry your wrap in a pan, like a quesadilla.
At the end, you get a quick, easy dinner that hardly took any time at all to prepare. Enjoy.
This crispy chicken wrap recipe is adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Café.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 celery ribs (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 3 cups cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 (12 inches) flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, and hot sauce. Stir in cilantro, green onions, and celery and mix until well combined. Add the chicken and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the flour tortillas, leaving about a ½ inch border around the edges.
- Spoon the chicken mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla. Fold the sides of the tortilla in, then roll from the other sides until you have a package formed (you can also just roll them up and just leave the ends open). Spray the rolled up tortillas all over with cooking spray.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place wraps into the skillet, two at a time, seam-side down. Cook until golden brown and crispy on each side turning once (about 2-3 minutes per side). Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 689Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 194mgSodium: 666mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 47g