It’s no secret that ham and Swiss on a sandwich is a near perfect combination and when it’s melted together in the oven, it’s even better. What really makes this recipe unique is the spread that goes on this sandwich. The spread gets most of its flavor from Dijon mustard and butter. These sandwiches are very easy to prepare—you assemble the sandwich, wrap it in aluminum foil and bake it in the oven and that’s it. You can bake the sandwiches without he aluminum foil but they are going to be toasted instead of soft. These hot ham and Swiss sandwiches make a quick dinner that is great for any night of the week. Enjoy.
(Makes 8 Servings)Print
- ¼ cup butter (or margarine)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 8 hamburger buns (split)
- 1 (6 ounces) package Swiss cheese
- 1lb thinly sliced ham
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl mix together butter, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, onion, and poppy seeds. Spread the mixture evenly onto the bottom of the top half of each bun. Layer all of the bottom halves of the bun evenly with Swiss cheese and ham. Place the top half of the bun onto each sandwich.
- Wrap each sandwich with aluminum foil. Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the sandwiches are hot.