What I really enjoy about making hot dogs is that they are so easy to prepare for dinner. Western Hot dogs are very easy to make and will take very little time. This recipe consists of grilled hot dogs that are topped with crispy bacon, French fried onions, and BBQ sauce. The buns are toasted and topped with melted slices of white American cheese. If you do not want to use white American you could replace it with any sort of cheese you would like—cheddar may be a good option. For the hot dogs, I like to use the all-beef ones because I enjoy the flavor. The hot dogs can be grilled on an outdoor grill or you can use an indoor grill pan if you would prefer. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 all-beef hot dogs
- 8 slices white American cheese
- ¼ cup crispy cooked bacon (crumbled)
- ½ cup French fried onions
- 4 hot dog buns
- Lightly grease the grill grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Place 2 tablespoons of the BBQ sauce into a small bowl and set aside. Open the hot dog buns and placed cut-side down onto the grill. Grill for 1-2 minutes or until toasted on the bottom. Turn the buns over and add 2 slices of cheese to each bun. Place the buns onto the warming rack of the grill or away from the heat. Keep warm. If you are cooking on the stove, you can place them onto a baking sheet and melt the cheese in the oven.
- Place the hot dogs onto the grill and brush hot dogs with reserved BBQ sauce. Grill turning and brushing the hot dogs with BBQ sauce occasionally for about 5-9 minutes or until heated through.
- Place the grilled hot dogs into each bun, top each with about 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce, 1 tablespoon of bacon, and 2 tablespoons of French fried onions.