Kitchen torches, candle lighters, culinary torches are all Kitchen essentials. We use them in our day-to-day Kitchen activities. However, what do we do when we run out of fuel? They become useless and thus can be quite frustrating. Kitchen torches make cooking easier. Therefore, this brings about the need to purchase a refill.
The fuel used in Kitchen lighters is called butane fuels. There are so many brands in the market, making it difficult to choose. Each brand has its own unique characteristics ranging from size to quality of its butane fuel. The best butane fuels are those with little or no impurities. This is to avoid clogging our burner valves. That thing that happens when your burner isn’t having complete flames or low flame height? Well, it is mainly caused by clogging. This article highlights the ten best butane fuels for kitchen torch. If you are looking to make a choice that’ll suit your needs, then keep reading.
This is the number one bestseller of butane fuel on amazon. If you search for the best quality butane fuel for your kitchen torch, this will be your best pick. This LPG is contained in a cylindrical 75ml metal can. This is equivalent to 42grams. It is an excellent choice of fuel for your kitchen torch. In fact, it can work for a variety of kitchen lighters as well. The nozzle sits correctly and is universal. This way, you need not worry about it not fitting you’re lighter during refill. It is a 42-gram size. It has a star rating of 4.6 stars on Amazon.
- Dimensions:1.5×1.5×7.6 inches
- Weight:0.13 pounds
- Model number:3807
- Price: ranges between $5.49-$9.99
- It has a universal nozzle
- It is the number one best selling butane fuel
- It can be used to refill all butane lighters
- In some cases, the tip might leak
This is an Amazon-choice product. It is contained in a 135ml (78 gm)cylindrical can. It is excellent for kitchen torches, candles, tech, and other outdoor utility lighters. It also comes with a universal tip. This butane fuel does not clog burner valves. This, therefore, does not affect flame height and function. It is also low in non – volatile contaminants. It has a star rating of 4.6 stars on Amazon.
Dimensions: 7.56×1.42×1.34 inches
Weight: 2.75 pounds
Model number: 78RBF
- It works efficiently
- It fits all kitchen blow torches perfectly
- It has a universal tip
This product may not work well with cigar torch lighters.
This is a pack of four butane fuel cans. They measure about 8 ounces each. Each canister can last up to 8 hours of burn time. The product is affordable and easy to work with. It works great for kitchen torches, stoves, e.t.c. The product also comes with a one-year warranty. It has a star rating of 4.6 stars.
Dimension: 10.5×7.8×2.65 inches
Model number :1
It is easy to use
It is versatile; it works for a variety of appliances
It comes as a pack of four for its price
It may not be suitable for a craft project
When you talk of premium quality, you talk of Colibri butane fuel. This product is a 99.9994 pure premium butane gas. It comes as a pack of three 90ml (50g) butane fuel cans. It reduces clogged burner valves. This way, you need not worry about some part Of your burner not emitting flame. When it comes to butane fuel, purity determines quality. Nobody wants a butane fuel with contaminants that’ll clog their burners. It gave a star rating of 4.6 stars on Amazon.
- Dimensions:6.61×4.33×1.42 inches
- Weight:0.22 kg
- Model number:77123
- It is easy to use
- It is pure premium butane
- A little can go a long way
- They may come smaller than expected
This product is ranked number #5 in butane fuels on amazon. The package comes as a set of three 10.14oz(300ml) butane fuel cans. It also comes with five different pins for easy refill of your kitchen appliances. There is a nozzle adapter included in this package as well. The can comes with a universal gas refill nozzle. It has a ranking of 4.6 stars.
- Dimensions:10×6×4 inches
- Weight: 10.1 ounces
- ASIN: B07MTP×V21
- It comes as a set of three 300ml cans of butane fuel for its price
- It is budget-friendly
- It burns well and is excellent for kitchen torches.
- It leaks during refilling
This butane fuel comes in a 447ml jumbo can size. It can keep your kitchen torch working for up to two months or more. This way, you don’t always have to run to the store today to buy a refill. This product is also suitable for cigar torches as well as other kitchen appliances. It has a star rating of 4.6 stars on Amazon.
- ASIN: B00VXT7D42
- Price: $16.99
- Jumbo size can
- Good value butane fuel
- Easy to use
- It may leak while in use
Although this product is not as popular as other brands, it is also a great choice. It comes in a 300ml (10oz) can. It contains purified butane which is best for kitchen torches. This is important. Otherwise, your torch could get clogged. It is suitable for other types of lighters too. The package includes various sizes of nozzles to make refilling easier. It is perfect to use with turbo flame lighters. It has a star rating of 4.7 stars on Amazon.
- Dimensions:8.1×2.4×2.1 inches
- Weight:0.55 pounds
- Model number :ESDH-JS-022O-1068
- Price: $12.85
- It comes along with different nozzles
- It is excellent for turbo flame lighters
- It comes in a 300ml can for its price
- The plastic valve can easily break
This package comes as a set of two 400ml butane fuel can. It boasts of zero impurities. The product is cold filtered and is made from North sea highest grade imported gas. Some of the packages are marked “buy one get one free” for wholesalers, so you can get this package for half its price if you are lucky. It is also quite economical due to its size. It has been rated 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Dimension:5×3×16 inches
- Weight:1.2 pounds
- Model number: DEDH-JS-0220-1369
- It is made with high grade imported gas
- It contains zero impurities
- The product was produced by cold filtering
- The buy one, get one policy does not work for online purchases.
For those who wish to buy in packs, this is for you. It comes as a pack of 12 measuring 300ml each (10.14 fl oz) for its price. This way, you don’t need to rush to the store every time one can of butane fuel is exhausted. The package comes with different nozzles for easy refill. This suits various lighters appropriately. It has a star rating of 4.5 stars on Amazon.
- Dimensions:9.5×8.5×6.5 inches
- Weight:6.7 pounds
- ASIN: B00Q3FM4M8
- Price :$49.75
- It provides value for money
- It is an excellent quality butane fuel
- The package comes with different nozzles
- It leaks during refill
If you liked the neon 11× 300ml butane fuel, then check this out. It is the same product but in a pack of twelve. This way, you need not rush to the store or go online again to purchase often; you simply go to your kitchen store and replace the exhausted can. It has a star rating of 4.6 stars on Amazon.
- Dimensions:12×5×5 inches
- Weight:7 pounds
- ASIN: B0797JDYVZ
- Price: $39.99
- It comes as a pack of 12
- It is very affordable; provides value for money
- It is great quality butane fuel
- The plastic tip adapter is hard to take off
- Brand: Some brands have built good reputations overtime for their qualitative products and services. It is essential to consider the brand you wish to purchase. Some of the best brands include Zippo, Ronson, etc. This way, you can trust what you are buying. However, there is no harm in trying out other products. You might just get a new favorite brand this way.
- Size: Butane fuels come in different sizes. Some may be 75 ml, some may be up to 400ml. The appliance you are refilling will determine this as well as other factors. One reason could also be that you do not wish to keep rushing off to the store when it gets exhausted again. So you should also consider the size when buying.
- Budget: This is the most critical factor when buying anything at all. Your budget is the primary determining factor of what you would end up buying. So much f you can afford it, then purchase a premium choice product. Otherwise, there are other products that will still provide you with value for your money.
- Quality: The best quality Butane fuels contain little or no contaminants, i.e., low volatile contaminants. This is usually indicated on the can. But the best way to know this is from experience. A well-purified butane fuel will burn well and won’t clog your burner valves. You’ll definitely enjoy using good quality Butane fuel. Therefore, this is also an essential factor.
- Product nozzle: After purchasing, the nozzle is the next issue. If the can’s nozzle doesn’t sit correctly or fit your appliance, it will leak. This is a waste and is also dangerous. It is essential to buy a brand with the proper nozzle or one that comes with a universal nozzle. Some brands even package more than one nozzle in their product.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use any butane for the culinary torch?
Yes, you can. Butane, just like MAPPS gas, is an alkane and does not produce by-products that can affect the flavor or smell of food. This is why most Kitchen lighters use butane fuel. It is better and also safer to use.
Are there different grades of butane?
Butane comprises a mixture of different gases during the various stages of purity. This varies from less than 1% to 99.999%. A good grade of butane will contain low volatile contaminants. This will make your flame burn smoothly and freely without clogging. On a butane brand, it is indicated whether it is N.butane or butane. The best is ISO butane.
What kind of fuel does a kitchen torch use?
Butane is the fuel used in kitchen torches. They are safer and do not affect the taste or flavor of food.
There are so many butane fuel brands in the market. Each one boasts of being the best. However, we want those that are truly best for our lighting appliances. This article has also put other factors into consideration in creating this list of products. These factors include; quality, brand, price, size, etc. With these, I have put together the ten best butane fuels for kitchen torch. My best value is the Zippo butane fuel that costs between $5.49-$9.99. My best choice is the Colibri premium butane refill. My premium choice, however, is the Ignitus 11x premium refined butane. I do hope you found this helpful.