If you enjoy the sausage, egg and cheese biscuit from Burger King, it is actually very easy to prepare at home. All that you need are eggs, prepared biscuits, American cheese, and breakfast sausage. The eggs are whisked together and then folded while cooking and the breakfast sausage is made into patties and then topped with cheese. If you want to make this easy and cook a lot of the omelets and sausage patties at once, you can use a griddle. This is a great recipe for serve for breakfast or dinner. Enjoy.
- 5 buttermilk biscuits
- 5 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/4lbs breakfast sausage
- 5 slices American cheese
- Cook the biscuits according to the package directions until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs with a little bit of salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick skillet over low heat. Pour about 1/5 of the egg mixture into the pan and cook until set on the bottom.
- Using a spatula fold the egg mixture in half and cook until fully set. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining egg mixture until you have 5 little omelets.
- Form the breakfast sausage into 5 thin patties. Heat the skillet to medium-high heat. Add the patties to the skillet and cook turning frequently until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.).
- Split the cook biscuits in half. Top each with one of the little omelets, a cooked breakfast sausage patty, and American cheese.