Teriyaki grilled shrimp just like from Red Lobster Restaurant is great on the grill. This recipe is easy enough to prepare, all that you need is some homemade teriyaki sauce, raw shrimp, and skewers. The teriyaki sauce is used as both a glaze and a marinade. The teriyaki sauce gets a lot of flavor from ingredients such as soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic. The shrimp can be topped with sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy.
- 2lbs raw shrimp (at least medium size, peeled and deveined)
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Slice the shrimp down the middle of the legs, deveining them (do not go all the way through and leave the shell on).
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour.
- Place on the grill for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side (before turning over the first time brush with leftover marinade).
- After turning pink, remove from the grill and eat alongside rice or grilled vegetables.