This caprese pasta salad is simple and delicious to prepare for a side dish. The salad consists of ingredients such as rotini pasta, fresh mozzarella cheese, basil, pesto, cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. You can have this salad prepared in no time at all. You can use different types of pasta if you would prefer. What I really like about this recipe is the flavor and texture that the fresh mozzarella adds. I like to serve this recipe with grilled chicken. Enjoy.
- 16 ounces rotini pasta (cooked according to package directions and drained)
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls
- ½ cup fresh chopped basil
- ¼ cup pesto
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill until ready to serve.