This recipe for carne asada totchos will allow you to really step up your nacho game for parties. In this recipe, tater tots are topped with cheese, grilled carne asada steak, chipotle aioli, guacamole, and pico de gallo. The steak is marinated in ingredients such as lime and orange juice and then grilled or cooked on the stove top. What helps to make this loaded totchos recipe special is the chipotle aioli that gets a lot of flavor from chipotle in adobo, cilantro, and lime juice. This is a great recipe to serve for parties. Enjoy.
- 1 (30 ounces) bag frozen tater tots
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Pico de gallo
- Carne Asada steak-
- 1.5 Lbs. Flank Steak or Flap Meat
- ¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- ¾ Tablespoons Garlic Salt
- ½ Tablespoon White Pepper
- ½ Tablespoon Cumin
- ½ Tablespoon Chili Powder
- ½ Tablespoon Mexican Oregano
- ⅛ Ground Cloves
- 1 Orange (Sliced)
- Chipotle Aioli-
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all of the ingredients for the carne asada except for the steak and orange slices to a medium sized bowl and mix well. Pour the mixture into a ziplock bag. Add the steak and shake to coat with the marinade. Add the orange slices directly to the meat, half on the top and half on the bottom. Seal the bag and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Before grilling remove from the refrigerator up to an hour in advance.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the steak directly on to a greased grill grate for 10 minutes. Flip and grill for an additional 7-8 minutes until the steak has reached your desired doneness. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the chipotle aioli in a blender and process until smooth.
- Cook the tater tots according to package directions on a baking sheet. Remove from the oven and top with shredded Mexican cheese blend. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted.
- Top tater tots with carne asada, chipotle aioli, pico de gallo, and guacamole.