Using flatbread as the crust for a pizza is both really easy and saves a lot of time and effort. This shrimp scampi flatbread pizza is delicious. In this recipe naans are topped with mozzarella cheese and sautéed shrimp and then baked in the oven until slightly crispy on the bottom. The shrimp is cooked in butter, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. There is a little heat in this recipe that comes from the crushed red pepper flakes and you will want to adjust the amount to your taste. You can serve this delicious pizza with a salad on the side. Enjoy.
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1lb medium shrimp (peeled and deveined with tails removed)
- Ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large flatbread (or 4 small flatbreads)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Melt 2 tablespoons of olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 1 minute. Remove from heat immediately.
- Place flatbread onto a baking sheet and crush with the remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 ½ cups of mozzarella cheese and top with the shrimp. Top with remaining mozzarella and bake until the cheese is melted and golden, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with parsley and additional crushed red pepper if desired.