Cheesecake Brownies are the ultimate combination of cheesecake and delicious chocolate brownies. I have tried a lot of different types of brownies but I would say these are among my favorites. These are very easy to make a take very little time. Even though I would not recommend it if you are feeling lazy and want to use a chocolate brownie box mix that will work as well. Just pour the prepared box mix into the baking dish and top with the cheesecake mixture. The cheesecake topping is the high light of this recipe. A touch of vanilla extract gives it that amazing flavor. I didn’t swirl my brownies too much but you can swirl more with a butter knife for a more intense swirl effect. The weather hasn’t been very good here for picture lighting, but I’m trying! Enjoy.
- ½ cup butter
- 2 ounces dark chocolate (chopped)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Cheesecake topping-
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small pan on the stove top melt butter and dark chocolate sitting until smooth. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- In a large bowl mix together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract. Pour butter/chocolate mixture into sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in flour and cocoa. Mix until well combined. Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish and pour the mixture into the dish.
- To prepare cheesecake topping – soften cream cheese in the microwave if necessary. In a bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Slowly spoon cheesecake mixture over the chocolate mixture in the baking dish and gently swirl with a butter knife.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the brownies is set. Remove from oven and allow brownies to cool.