Quick and easy meals like this chicken and broccoli casserole are my go to dishes for busy nights. This casserole combines chicken, broccoli, rice, cheese, mayonnaise, cream of chicken soup and cornflakes. To save time you can use the meat from a cooked rotisserie chicken. The combination of flavors is great in this recipe and the cornflakes add a really nice crunch to the top of the casserole. I like to add cheese to the mixture and then add an additional layer of cheese under the cornflakes. You can use either white or brown rice for this recipe—I prefer the brown rice personally. Enjoy.
- 2 cups diced cooked rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups broccoli florets (broken down into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all ingredients except for the cornflakes and butter in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish and mix well.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cornflakes and melted butter. Spread the cornflakes evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the casserole is heated through.