These chicken Caesar sandwiches are perfect if you are in need of a quick and easy meal. This recipe consists of shredded chicken tossed with Caesar salad dressing, romaine lettuce, and sandwich buns. There are only a few ingredients to this easy recipe and you can use your favorite brand of Caesar salad dressing or even make your own. The chicken is cooked with chicken broth in the slow cooker, shredded and then tossed with Caesar dressing, parmesan cheese, and fresh parsley. I feel that the toasting of the buns is an important part of this recipe—it really adds a nice additional flavor to the sandwich. I like to serve these sandwiches with soup or French fries. Enjoy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup Caesar salad dressing
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Hamburger Buns
- Arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer on the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour ½ cup of chicken broth into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred using two forks. Drain the chicken broth from the slow cooker.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir in the Caesar salad dressing, parmesan cheese, parsley, and ground black pepper. Cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium-low heat. Spread butter onto the cut side of each bun. Place cut-side down into the pan and cook until the buns are toasted.
- Serve the shredded chicken on the buns with romaine lettuce.