Coleslaw makes a great side dish for all of your summer meals. It goes great with fish, chicken, burgers, hot dogs, and much more. I even enjoy using it as a topping for hot dogs. The greatest part about coleslaw is that it’s so easy to make. This can be prepared and in the refrigerator within 15 minutes at most. Basically, all you have to do is mix the dressing up and combine it with the cabbage and carrot mix. This taste very similar to the coleslaw you would find in restaurants. If you think the amount of sugar might make the dish too sweet for your taste, you can use less. This is a fantastic recipe; give this one a try for the summer. Enjoy.
(Makes 6 Servings)Print
- 1 (16 ounces) bag shredded cabbage and carrot mix
- 2 tablespoons onion (diced)
- 2/3 cup creamy salad dressing (Miracle Whip)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup white sugar (or less)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a large bowl combine coleslaw mix and diced onion.
- In a medium bowl whisk together salad dressing, vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and poppy seeds.
- Pour dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.