This delicious sesame salad combines sesame salad dressing, grilled chicken and pasta. Of course, the chicken doesn’t necessarily have to be grilled; you can use any kind of cooked chicken. It is also a way to use up leftover cooked chicken. For this recipe, the dressing is where it’s at. The dressing is pretty much your classic sesame salad dressing using ingredients such a sesame oil, rice vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce. This is a very simple recipe that takes little time to prepare. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)
Sesame Salad Recipe
- 1 (16 ounces) package bow tie pasta
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- A ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken (shredded or cut into small chunks)
- 1/3 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/3 cup green onions (sliced)
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds and cook while stirring until they are lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook according to package direction until Al Dente. Drain pasta and cool. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid combine vegetable oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, ginger, black pepper, and sesame seeds. Shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the noodles. Add chicken and mix well. Add green onions and cilantro and serve.
Saturday 12th of July 2014
This was DELICIOUS!! I love that it can be served cold or at room temperature! Thanks for sharing!!
Saturday 7th of December 2013
Tuesday 27th of March 2012
I tried this tonight and it was very good. My salad was a little lighter and I'm wondering if it's the soy sauce I used.
Tuesday 12th of April 2011
is rice vinegar the same as rice wine vingear?
Friday 19th of November 2010
Wow...so good and so easy...I love this site and the fact that thee are picture with every dish is fantastic!!! Thanks