This delicious sesame salad combines sesame salad dressing, grilled chicken and pasta. Of course, the chicken doesn’t necessarily have to be grilled; you can use any kind of cooked chicken. It is also a way to use up leftover cooked chicken. For this recipe, the dressing is where it’s at. The dressing is pretty much your classic sesame salad dressing using ingredients such a sesame oil, rice vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce. This is a very simple recipe that takes little time to prepare. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)
- 1 (16 ounces) package bow tie pasta
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- A ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken (shredded or cut into small chunks)
- 1/3 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/3 cup green onions (sliced)
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds and cook while stirring until they are lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook according to package direction until Al Dente. Drain pasta and cool. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid combine vegetable oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, ginger, black pepper, and sesame seeds. Shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the noodles. Add chicken and mix well. Add green onions and cilantro and serve.