These Cuban fries are loaded with Cuban sandwich ingredients such as ham, pickles, mustard, and a swiss cheese sauce. For this recipe, you can use frozen French fries to save a lot of time. The swiss cheese sauce is prepared on the stovetop and is a combination of flour, butter, milk, and swiss cheese. For the ham, you could use cubed ham but I like to get a ham steak, fry it in a skillet and then cut it into chunks. These fries are perfect to serve for a gameday appetizer. Enjoy.
- 1 (30 ounces) bag frozen French fries
- 1 cup diced ham
- ¼ cup diced dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Swiss cheese sauce-
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 8 ounces chopped swiss cheese
- Bake the French fries according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter has melted whisk in the flour. Cook for 2 minutes while whisking.
- Pour in the milk and stir while whisking. Continue cooking until the sauce becomes slightly thick. Add the cheese and stir until it is melted and the sauce is thick. Remove from heat.
- Top the cook French fries with diced ham, diced pickle, and drizzle with cheese sauce and mustard.