This cucumber pasta salad is great as a side dish to prepare for cookouts in the summer. This recipe combines pasta with cucumber and onion with a sour cream-based dressing. The dressing gets a lot of flavor from fresh dill and white vinegar. This dish is very easy to prepare so if you are looking for something easy to bring to a cookout, this is perfect. You can add additional ingredients as well such as cheese. You could also add meat and serve this as a meal, grilled chicken would be great. Enjoy.
- 1 cucumber (seeded and sliced)
- 1/2lb rotini pasta
- ½ sweet white onion (sliced)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, salt, fresh dill, vinegar, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Cook the pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta, cucumber, and onion. Mix in the dressing gently until combined. Refrigerate for 40 minutes before serving.