If you have ever wondered how to grill chicken skewers it is very easy and a simple marinade can really add a lot of flavor. You simply cut boneless skinless chicken breasts into chunks, place them into a marinade for a few hours, thread them onto skewers and then grill them to perfection. This recipe uses common ingredients for the marinade, many of which you probably already have on hand. If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in cold water for several hours before grilling. Otherwise, they will burn quickly on the grill. This is a great recipe to prepare for summer at cookouts. Enjoy.
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¾ cup beer
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into small cubes)
- Cilantro (optional, for garnish)
- In a medium bowl whisk together garlic, beer, honey, red pepper flakes, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, and olive oil.
- Add the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Thread the chicken onto skewers about 5 chunks per skewer. If you are using wooden skewers you will want to soak them in cold water for several hours before grilling.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Add the chicken skewers, and cook, turning every couple of minutes or so until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.).
- Garnish with cilantro.