If you are looking for a really easy dinner to prepare, this garlic bread pizza is perfect for you. French bread is spread with a garlic and butter mixture and then topped off with pizza ingredients such as sauce, cheese and pepperoni. I like to slice the French bread in half or cut the French bread into individual slices. If you want to put a little extra work in you can even make your own pizza sauce. This recipe can also be served as an appetizer. Enjoy.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 5 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 ½ cups pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-ounce pepperoni (sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Slice French bread in half lengthwise (or cut into normal slices). Place the French bread slices onto a baking sheet, cut side up. In a small bowl combine butter and garlic and mix together with a fork. Spread the garlic butter evenly onto the cut sides of the French bread. Spread a layer of pizza sauce over the garlic butter. Top with cheese and pepperoni slices.
- Place into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the bread is toasted. Remove from the oven and slice into pieces.