Garlic butter shrimp is easy to prepare on the grill. The combination in this recipe of garlic, butter and lemon juice goes great brushed on shrimp. The sauce gets additional flavor from pepper and paprika. You will want to make sure that you don’t overcook the shrimp. You can use wooden or metal skewers for this recipe. If you are using wooden you will want to soak them in cold water first. I like to serve this recipe with wild rice on the side. Enjoy.
- ½ large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook long enough so that it just starts to get a little brown. Transfer to a shallow dish. Place shrimp onto the skewers and coat well with the garlic butter mix. Sprinkle the coated shrimp with paprika, parsley, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Place the shrimp skewers onto the grill and cook for about 3-5 minutes. After 2 minutes turn the shrimp over. Cook until the shrimp are opaque in color. Serve right away.