These potato chip onion burgers are great on the grill or cooked on the stovetop. The patties are mixed with breadcrumbs and egg to give them a little different texture from your normal beef patty. The burgers are topped with French onion dip and kettle chips for a nice crunch. You can use pretty much whatever type of cheese you prefer here but I used cheddar. These are great served with French fries. Enjoy.
Onion Potato Chip Burgers Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 potato hamburger buns (split and toasted)
- Kettle cooked potato chip
- Sour cream onion dip
- Heat grill to medium-high. Form the beef into four ¾-inch-thick patties. Use your fingers to make a shallow well in the top of each patty. (This will prevent overplumping during cooking.) Season with a total of a ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill and cook the patties with the wells facing up for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 155° F for medium, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, grill the rolls until toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Dividing evenly, spread the rolls with the onion dip. Form sandwiches with the rolls, burgers, lettuce, pickles, and potato chips.