Here is another fantastic recipe for the Holidays, green bean casserole. This is nothing but a classic right here. Chances are many of you already have your own recipe for this but this one is a little different. This recipe has whole mushrooms in the casserole and uses fresh green beans. I always prefer fresh green beans over the canned or frozen kind but if you cannot find fresh, frozen will work as well. The process of making this dish is fairly simple. The green beans are boiled in chicken broth until tender and then mixed into a cream of mushroom soup mixture, placed into a casserole dish and baked in the oven. If you are looking for a delicious green bean casserole recipe for the holidays, give this one a try. Enjoy.
(Makes 6 Servings)Print
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 6 cups fresh green beans (ends removed and cut in half)
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (10 ¾ ounce) cans low-sodium condensed cream of mushrooms soup
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (2 7/8 ounce) cans French fried onion rings
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet melt butter and add mushrooms and garlic. Cook while stirring until mushrooms lose their moisture. Set aside.
- Add green beans to a large saucepan and pour chicken broth over them. Bring to a boil and cook for 8-10 minutes or until green beans become fork tender. Drain green beans (but do not rinse).
- In a large bowl combine cream of mushroom soup, cooked mushrooms, parmesan cheese, pepper, and onions rings, mix well.
- Gently fold in green beans. Pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top return to oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.