One of my favorite Mexican marinades is Carne Asada. Chances are you may have had these at a restaurant or made them before at home. Carne Asada steak makes delicious meat for tacos or burritos. You can either marinade, then slice the steak into strips and cook. Or, you can leave the steak whole, grill it and then cut it into strips, which is what I did. I would recommend marinating for 8 hours to overnight for maximum flavor. The marinade uses simple ingredients such as soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, and chili powder. If you are making tacos or burritos some condiments would be tomato, sliced red onion, pico de gallo, and cheese. If you are looking for a great Carna Asada marinade recipe, give this one a try. Enjoy.
- 3 lbs flank steak
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- A ½ cup of soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place flank steak in a large bowl. In a medium bowl whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, garlic cloves, lime juice, and olive oil. Season with salt, black pepper, white pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano, cumin, and paprika. Mix until well blended.
- Cover, place into the refrigerator and marinate for at least 8 hours.
- When the meat is done marinating, slice the steak into strips and cook in a frying pan until the steak is cooked through. Use cooked steak meat for tacos or burritos.