Here is another fantastic summer grilling recipe. Not hamburgers or chicken, but this time… Grilled shrimp! Grilling shrimp is one of the best ways to cook it, the flavor is outstanding. This recipe is all about the marinade. The marinade has many ingredients but most importantly lemon juice, garlic, tomato paste, and hot pepper sauce. The shrimp is first marinated for a couple of hours, then put onto skewers and grilled. You will want to find at least large shrimp for this recipe, I went with jumbo. If using wood skewers, you will want to soak the skewers in water overnight so they don’t catch fire. This is a very simple and easy grilling recipe that will leave everyone wanting more. Enjoy.
- 2lbs raw large shrimp (peeled and deveined, with tails attached)
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl mix together olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, hot pepper sauce, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Reserve a small amount of the marinade for basting while grilling.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a large sealable plastic bag and add shrimp tossing to coat. Place into the refrigerator and allow shrimp to marinade for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, lightly grease and pre-heat your grill to medium-low heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard the marinade.
- Add shrimp to the grill and cook about 5 minutes per side or until opaque. While shrimp are cooking baste them frequently with the reserved marinade.
(Makes 6 Servings)