Two of my favorite summer treats are cold salads and a nice BLT sandwich. If you also enjoy these foods, you will love this dish. The dish is the ultimate combination of a BLT sandwich and a cold pasta salad. BLT pasta salad is rotini noodles with bacon, lettuce, and tomato tossed in a delicious sauce. The sauce is a combination of mayo, lemon juice, chicken flavored instant bouillon and sugar. This salad is perfect for parties, picnics or other indoor and outdoor events. If possible, it is a good idea to add the lettuce just before serving so it is crispy. This recipe is very simple and can be prepared within a half hour. Enjoy.
(Makes 10 Servings)Print
- 1 (7 ounces) package rotini pasta noodles (cooked and drained)
- 8 slices bacon (cooked until crispy and crumbled)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- ¼ cup lemon juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chicken flavored instant bouillon
- 1 large tomato (seeded and chopped)
- ¼ cup green onions (sliced)
- 4 cups lettuce (thinly sliced)
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, chicken flavor instant bouillon, and sugar. Mix well until smooth.
- In a serving bowl add noodles, bacon, tomato, and green onions, Toss with dressing.
- Stir in lettuce right before serving.