- One rack, spare ribs, ½ pound, rinsed
- One cup water
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- Three tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- Two tablespoons brown sugar
- One tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
- One tablespoon paprika
- One teaspoon chili powder
- One teaspoon onion powder
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- One teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pat the ribs dry, then cut off any shiny membranes at the back. Then, combine the rub spices and massage it over the ribs, ensuring all sides are covered.
- Prop the trivet in the instant pot and add some water with the liquid smoke and vinegar. Then, position the ribs by their side on the rack, so they circularly wrap the trivet.
- Seal the pot and program to HIGH for 35 minutes. And when the time is up, let the instant pot naturally release pressure- this should take about 15 minutes, after which the pin will almost completely drop.
- Watch the pot so you can tell when the cooking time is almost up- about 14 minutes. Then, take it out and place it in a foil-lined baking pan. Set the oven rack at the upper third slot, close to the broiler, and set the oven to broil. Then, slide the pan onto it, and brush it with BBQ sauce.
- Broil the ribs for two minutes or until the sauce starts to caramelize. Make sure to watch as it broils, so the ribs don’t burn. And when it’s ready, take it out and let it cool for about five minutes before serving.
More ideas can be watched here.