- Start by cutting the stem away from the crown area, then break off the florets with your hand. They don’t need to be perfect just yet.
- Chop the florets into smaller bite-size pieces. Also, chop off the harder part of the stem, peel the skin off with a knife, and chop the edible part of the stem into small slices.
- Give your broccoli a quick rinse to get rid of any unwanted particles.
- Grab a microwave-safe dish and stuff your chopped broccoli inside it.
- Sprinkle in 2 tablespoons of water to get the steam going
- Cover the dish with a ceramic plate or a saucer
- Place the dish in the microwave and set to cook for 4 minutes on high
- After 4 minutes, take the dish out of the microwave and sprinkle some shredded parmesan cheese, make sure the cheese covers the entire surface
- Season with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Place the dish back into the microwave, this time without the lid, and cook for 50 seconds to 1 minute
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy.
This delicious and creamy broccoli and cheese recipe is very delicious and can even be prepared by a 5th grader, I don’t see why you shouldn’t make this in your home. If you would like to see other recipe ideas, do check out this video recipe.