- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the hot dogs in a medium skillet over a medium heat level until they start to sear on all sides, this should take about 4 to 5 minutes. Make sure you don’t overcook them.
- In a large baking dish, arrange the seared hot dogs in between the buns—it’s best to use hot dog buns with their tops cut off. Grated cheese and chopped white onion should also go on top of the hot dogs.
- Bake the assembled hot dogs and buns for about six minutes, or until the buns develop a toasted quality and the cheese has melted. The onions will get slightly softer but they’ll retain some of their crispness, which is desirable.
- Take the hot dogs out of the oven and serve them with relish, ketchup, or giardiniera on the side. You can also serve them hot dogs with some steamed broccoli as a vegetable side.
Baked hot dog recipes are quick and easy, and they also taste fantastic when the right cooking instructions are strictly adhered to. Feel free to swap in some of your favorite serving ingredients for the best and most tasteful experience.
If you’d like some more insight or inspirational ideas for oven-baked hot dog recipes, then we advise that you take a look at this video recipe.