- Get your grill set with charcoal, then get it lit. Pour out and arrange the coals on one side of the charcoal grate once all of the charcoal has been fired and covered with gray ash.
- Set half of a gas grill’s burners to the maximum heat setting, cover, and preheat for 10 minutes. Make sure the grilling grate should be cleaned and oiled.
- You should go ahead to place the cooking grate on the grill.
- Then cover it, and let it heat up for 5 minutes. Salt and pepper the short ribs thoroughly, then place them directly over the embers.
- Go ahead and cook for about 8 – 10 minutes – flipping and often rotating – until browned on all sides. Stick a probe thermometer into the thickest portion of the steak, and it should register 125°F.
- You can now transfer to a chopping board. Leave aside for 5 minutes, covered with foil.
- Short ribs should be thinly sliced against the grain and served right away to enjoy.
You can watch this video recipe on cooking beef short ribs on the grill.