- First prepare your broccoli crowns by cutting it off away from it’s stems. Carefully cut the crown into bite sized pieces and stems into quarter lengths, place in a bowl and rinse off with under clean running water with some salt to get out any grit.
- In a clean cooking skillet or an instant pot, add 1 inch of water and bring to boil. Add your well cut broccoli and steam for 5 to 6 minutes with the lid close if you’re using an instant pot. You can add some pinches of salt while it boils.
- Reduce the heat to a medium and remove after the set time. The broccoli turns from a vibrant green to an olive green color once you’re done steaming.
- In case you’re not making use of a timer and you’d also want to know when your broccoli is done, use a fork to pierce it, if the fork pierces through, remove from the heat and serve on a plate.
- Serve broccoli with some of your favorite toppings, maybe with some lemon zest, a few drops of olive oil, fennel seeds or almonds, or some freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Proven to be super simple and delicious, cooking your broccoli using this method and without a steamer would definitely make you a fan of broccoli. Be sure to try this recipe for a healthy and delicious way to enjoy your veggies, you’ll thank us later.
If you’d like to see more ideas or get more inspiration on how to cook broccoli properly without a steamer, then we advise that you check out more video recipes.