- 4-lb chicken, cut into eight pieces
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- One tablespoon of salt
- 2 cups of flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- One tablespoon of kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon of ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon of garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon of onion powder
- ½ tablespoon of thyme
- One teaspoon of celery salt
- One tablespoon of paprika
- ½ tablespoon of ground cayenne pepper
- Two eggs
- Olive oil spray (optional)
- Place the chicken in a glass dish and coat it with buttermilk and salt, refrigerating for 3 hours, covered.
- In a small pan, combine the flour, kosher salt, cornstarch, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, celery salt, thyme, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Separately, beat the eggs in another shallow pan.
- Dip the chicken in flour, eggs, and then back in the flour.
- Switch on the Air Fry Button. S set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit/204 degrees Celsius and the cooking duration to 5 minutes, then leave the appliance to heat up. To confirm the settings, press the Control Knob.
- Arrange the chicken pieces atop the Air Fry Rack after the appliance has preheated, ensure to flip the Air Fry Rack so that the food is kept closer to the bottom part of the appliance. In the appliance, arrange the Air Fry Rack. Switch the Air Fry Button on, then leave the appliance to heat up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius), with the cooking time set for 60 minutes. To confirm the settings, press the Control Knob. Flip the chicken midway through the cooking time and spritz the pieces with olive oil for crispier chicken.
- Check the chicken portions after 45 minutes and take them out as soon as they’re crispy.
You may also want to check out this video to get some ideas on properly using a power XL microwave air fryer to get the best results with your cooking.
If you’re not sure how to use it to achieve desirable results, pay attention to all the instructions in this article. It’s also a great idea to go back to the user manual that came with the equipment if in doubt.