This St. Patrick’s day if you are looking for something delicious to prepare to give these Irish burgers a try. These burgers are served on English muffins and are topped with cheddar (or Irish cheddar if you can find it), and crispy bacon. The burger patties get a lot of flavor from ingredients such as Guinness Stout, Dijon mustard, and garlic. You can prepare these burgers on a griddle, on the stovetop or you can even grill them. Enjoy.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Guinness beer
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 thick slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon (cooked until crispy)
- 4 English muffins (split and toasted)
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, onion, garlic, mustard, Guinness, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix using your hands until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Preheat the grill or griddle to medium-high heat. Lightly grease the grill grates. Add to the grill and cook, turning at least once, until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.). During the last minute of cooking top each patty with a slice of cheddar cheese, cook until the cheese has melted.
- Place burgers onto English muffins and top with bacon.