If you are looking for a delicious and sweet treat you will probably want to make this simple cinnamon swirl bread. This recipe uses ingredients that you probably already have on hand and is very easy to prepare. The bread is prepared and then baked into the oven. Once the bread has finished cooking it is topped off with a glaze. The glaze is just a simple combination of powder sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Enjoy.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl combine milk, egg, and oil. Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In a small bowl combine cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Pour half of the butter into the pan. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar. Spread the remaining batter and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Use a knife to swirl the cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl mix together powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Drizzle over the bread and serve.