Turkey taco grinders are a unique and delicious way to make a sandwich using taco meat. I know this recipe may sound a little weird with the combination of deli turkey and taco meat but it is delicious. I got this idea from a local pizza place here in Michigan called Toarmina’s. These grinders are loaded with sliced deli turkey, beef taco meat, lettuce, cheddar cheese and a white sauce. The white sauce really helps to make this sandwich special. Enjoy.
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 loaf french bread
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 slices deli turkey
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- white sauce-
- ¼ cup red bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Place all of the white sauce ingredients into the bowl of a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook while breaking up into chunks with a spatula until brown. Add the taco seasoining and cook according to package directions.
- Cut the french bread in half lengthwise and place the sliced deli turkey evenly over the bottom half of the french bread. Spread the prepared taco meat over the turkey. Place the sliced cheddar onto the bottom of the top half of the french bread. Place the french bread onto a baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake for 10-15 munutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and add lettuce and white sauce over the meat. Close the sandwich and serve.