These Mexican breakfast style quesadillas consist of chorizo, egg, and cheese. There is just something about chorizo sausage that is amazing with scrambled eggs. The chorizo is homemade but if you want to save some time you could buy it from the store as well. However, I highly recommend preparing it yourself from scratch as it is so much better than what you can typically find in the store. If you want to prepare it yourself you can find the recipe here. For the cheese, you can use several different kinds but I like queso chihuahua. Enjoy.
- 4 (12-inch flour tortillas)
- 2 cups queso chihuahua cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2lb chorizo sausage (homemade or store-bought)
- Butter (for spreading)
- In a medium fry pan cook the chorizo while breaking up into chunks with a spatula until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- While the chorizo is cooking, whisk the eggs and a little bit of salt and pepper in a bowl. Scramble the eggs in a large non-stick skillet until slightly firm. Set aside.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet or griddle to medium-high heat. Butter one side of a flour tortilla. Cook the flour tortilla for 20 seconds, flip. Cover half the tortilla surface with shredded cheese and bits of chorizo sausage and scrambled eggs. Fold the tortilla in half and press down gently with a spatula and cook for 30 seconds on each side. Remove from the pan and cut the quesadilla into 3 wedges.