I am not sure why this recipe is called Mississippi roast but it is a fantastic recipe to prepare in the slow cooker. This beef roast gets a lot of its flavor from au jus and ranch dressing seasoning packets. Additional flavor comes from pepperoncini. To prepare this recipe simply add everything to the slow cooker and let it cook for 8 hours and then shred the beef and it is ready to serve. I like to serve this roast with mashed potatoes and use the sauce in the crockpot as a gravy. Enjoy.
- 1 (3-4 pound) chuck roast
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- ¼ cup butter
- 4–5 pepperoncini
- 1 cup of water
- Place roast in the slow cooker and add water. Sprinkle the top of the roast with ranch dressing and au jus mix. Place pepperoncini and butter on top of the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Shred or slice to serve.