This sandwich is a lot like the ranch chicken BLT from McDonald’s restaurant. If you are not familiar with this sandwich, it is fried chicken topped with bacon, lettuce, tomato and ranch dressing. I honestly do not eat at McDonald’s much but this is one of my favorite sandwiches when I do. For frying the chicken you can use a deep-pot or a deep-fryer. For the best results I would recommend using a deep-fryer if you have one. If you end up with thick chicken breasts, you could just cut one in half instead of using four. You can use your favorite brand of bottled ranch for this recipe. Enjoy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to an even thickness)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- oil (for frying)
- additional ingredients-
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 pieces of leaf lettuce
- ranch dressing
- 4 mini-sub rolls
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until browned and crispy, turning at least once. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add the buttermilk to a bowl. In a shallow plate or pie dish combine the flour, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, white pepper, and onion powder. Dip the chicken into the buttermilk and then dredge in the flour mixture. Dip the chicken once again into the buttermilk and then dredge again in the flour mixture. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F. Cook the chicken breasts one at a time in the hot oil for about 10 minutes or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.). Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- To make the sandwiches. Lay a piece of fried chicken onto the top half of the bottom of each bun. Top with 2 slices of bacon, 2 slices of tomato and a piece of leaf lettuce. Spread a layer of ranch dressing onto the bottom of the top half of each bun. Place the bun onto the sandwich, ranch side down.