Here is a copycat recipe for the breakfast pizza from Casey’s General Store. This breakfast pizza is unique because it uses a cheese sauce for the actual sauce on the pizza. There are a few different options for the sauce—you can use Velveeta cheese sauce or layer the pizza with thinly sliced Velveeta cheese and spread it over the crust after baking for a few minutes. This pizza is also topped with eggs, breakfast sausage and mozzarella cheese. Enjoy.
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2lb breakfast sausage
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the pizza dough onto the pizza pan and flatten out (if you are using a ready-made crust, you do not need to do this).
- In a large skillet, add the breakfast sausage and cook over medium-high heat while breaking up into chunks with a spatula until fully cooked.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper until blended. Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture. As the eggs begin to set, gently pull them across the pan with a spatula, forming large curds. Continue cooking while pulling and folding the eggs until thicken and no visible liquid egg remains. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Slice up the Velveeta cheese. Place it in an even layer on top of the dough. Place into the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Using a knife spread the Velveeta out so that it covers the dough, except for on the outer edges).
- Layer the scrambled eggs and crumbled sausage over the Velveeta. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 13-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the crust is lightly browned.