Another great cold salad dish is shrimp salad. This is more of a summer-oriented dish but I figured I would post it for those of you who are looking for cold salads for your Super Bowl parties. What makes this recipe unique from others is the dressing. The addition of cocktail sauce gives the dressing a very unique flavor. The sauce is a combination of mayo, ranch, and cocktail sauce. The green onions and chopped bell pepper add a nice crunch to the salad. I am kind of disappointed that you can’t see any shrimp in the picture. This is mainly because I used very small salad shrimp. For this recipe, you can use either medium, small or salad shrimp. The pasta can be whatever you like a spiral, seashell, etc. If you are looking for a great tasting shrimp salad, give this one a try. Enjoy.
(Makes 6 Servings)Print
- 3 cups spiral pasta
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 1/3 seafood cocktail sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb medium cooked shrimp (peeled and deveined with tails removed)
- ½ cup fresh tomato (chopped)
- ½ cup green onion (sliced)
- ½ cup sweet red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together mayo, ranch dressing, cocktail sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper (to taste).
- Pour pasta into a large serving bowl. Add shrimp, tomato, green onion, and parsley. Add dressing and mix well.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.