This is another amazing sub sandwich recipe for your Super Bowl party, perhaps the ultimate sub sandwich! I know that’s a bold statement, but this sub can back it up. Don’t let the long list of ingredients scare you, most of the vegetables are totally optional and you can add whatever you want. This sandwich is pretty simple; it uses 3 different types of meats, and 3 different types of cheeses. The French bread is spread with garlic butter and then toasted in the oven. Some of the vegetables added include tomato, lettuce, green pepper, onions, and mushrooms. This sandwich is massive and will feed about 8 people. I will try and put up a dip recipe by tomorrow night so stayed tuned! Enjoy.
(Makes 8 Servings)Print
- 1 loaf French bread (halved lengthwise)
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1lb sliced ham
- 1lb sliced turkey
- 1lb sliced salami
- 1lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1lb sliced Swiss cheese
- 1lb sliced provolone cheese
- 2 cups lettuce (shredded)
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 (10 ounces) can black olives (drained)
- 1 (4 ounces) can sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1 green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup banana pepper (sliced)
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl mix together garlic and butter until smooth. Spread the garlic butter onto the split bread halves, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and oregano, and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees until the cheese is lightly golden. Remove from the oven.
Lay out the bottom half of the French bread and layer with cheeses and meats.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and olives.
- Next add onions, mushrooms, green pepper, and banana pepper. Top with the upper layer and press down gently.