It’s not too late for another great Super Bowl party recipe, this time it’s Shrimp Nachos. These nachos will make the perfect appetizer for any party or event. What they basically are in a shrimp and mayo mixture inside of tortillas scoops. The nachos’ get most of their flavor from cumin and use a few vegetables such as olives, green onions, and green chilies. The best part about this recipe is its super easy. You will have these in the oven within minutes. For the cheese, I used a Mexican 4 cheese blend but you can use cheddar as well. Enjoy.
- ¾ lb cooked shrimp (peeled and deveined with tails removed)
- 1 ½ cups Shredded Mexican cheese blend (or cheddar)
- 1 (4 ounces) can chop green chilies (drained)
- 1/3 cup green onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup ripe black olives (drained and sliced)
- ½ cup mayonnaise¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 48 tortilla chips (scoops)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine shrimp, cheese, chilies, onions, and black olives.
- In a separate small bowl combine mayonnaise and cumin.
- Add to shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Place about 1 tablespoon of the shrimp mixture into each tortilla scoop and layout in rows on a baking sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve warm.