Shrimp scampi linguine combines classic shrimp scampi with linguine pasta. The shrimp and sauce are tossed with the noodles and parsley and then served. The sauce is a combination of butter, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. A little spice is added to this dish from crushed red pepper flakes. You can use whatever size shrimps you want for this recipe but I would recommend at least medium; I used extra-large shrimps. You will also want the shrimp to be peeled and deveined to save some time. You can serve this recipe with garlic bread. Enjoy.
- Vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 1lb large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Zest of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- ¼ lemon thinly sliced in half-grounds
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Drizzle some vegetable oil in a large pot of boiling salted water. Add linguine and cook according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large heavy skillet melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, ½ teaspoon of salt, and the pepper and sauté the shrimp until they have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat. Add parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and immediately add it to the shrimp and sauce, toss well and serve.