You can easily make french toast that is flavorful and crunchy with the use of crushed corn flakes. This French toast is prepared very similarly to how you would make regular French toast but it is first dipped into the batter, then coated with cornflakes and fried in the pan. You can use whatever type of bread you want for this recipe but I recommend Texas toast. The batter gets a lot of flavor from ingredients such as cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar. Serve with maple syrup. Enjoy.
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 thick slices bread
- 2 heaping cups cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a shallow pie dish or bowl add the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Whisk well to combine.
- Place the cornflakes in a zip-lock bag. Seal and crush with your hands or a rolling pin until they are about the size of rolled oats. Pour the crushed cornflakes into another pie dish.
- Dip each piece of bread into the milk and egg mixture and then press in the crushed cornflakes, flipping to coat both sides.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bread and cook 2-3 minutes on one side until golden, and then flip and cook on the other side.